Sunday, June 5, 2011

Things that I am looking Forward too

So with the last post ending on a bit of sad note I am going to pick things up by talking about things I am looking forward too when arriving in Africa.

-The excitement that comes with bartering
-Conversing in French (meaning my speaking skills would have to improve)
-Learning how to drive a Moto
-Finding postcards to send home to family and friends
-The warm weather (average 32 degress Celsius)
-Living near the ocean
-Eating lobster and crab on a regular basis
-Getting to teach in a classroom
-Eating ripened papayas right off the tree
-Getting to teach music
-Exploring a different place every few weekends or during the holidays
-Meeting new people & making new friends
-The long growing season which will enable us to get into gardening
-The slower pace of life
-Getting to go to a village (or 10) again
-Kids being everywhere
-Spending time with D (here because of work it seems we have very different schedules quite often)
-The smell (some people can't stand it but there is something familiar about it)
-Learning how to play the drums better
-Getting to wear bright coloured clothing all the time (I know I could do that here but its not quite the same)
-The potential for traveling
-Having a 3 bedroom villa to call home
-Getting care packages in the mail :)
-Seeing all the amazing projects D will get to be a part of
-Wearing my new clothes that have been packed away in my suitcase until I get to Togo

Those are just a few I can think of right now. I will add more as time goes on.

No comments: