Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Moment of the Week


With secondary school exams going on right beside the music room we have turned the shoe room and area around the music room entrance into a 'whisper area' to cut down on excess noise. This  has worked out quite well but I need to remind students of the change on a regular basis. At the end of a class I give out a merit sticker in the whisper area to the person who has done an outstanding job during our music session.

Today one of my kindergarteners (who has spent a fair share of time on the red time out chair this year) received a merit sticker for excellent behavior. He was so ecstatic he did a cute little happy dance and then whispered my name quite loudly. To hear him I moved closer and he gave me a big kiss on the cheek and skipped out the door loudly yelling 'I got a merit sticker and I kissed Ms.K. Today is the happiest day of my life!'

It's moments like this that brighten a dreary and cloudy day. 

1 comment:

Roger & Kathy Stoll said...

How cute!! What a great way to end a class--for you and him. =)