Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mock Pack #1



So the other night D and I did a mock pack trying to see how much we could fit into my 2 suitcases. We have 5 rubbermaid bins full of stuff we are trying to take in only 4-5 suitcases. The bins are divided up into different categories:
  • Music teaching resources/materials which includes a few music instruments as well
  • Kindergarten resources/materials mainly kids books, stickers, art supplies and a book on art projects
  • Clothing all durable 100% cotton (or as close to that as possible) & good quality shoes
  • Comfort stuff which includes food items like Sheriff lemon meringue pie filling or our favourite Shampoo from Lush
  • Tech & Camera equipment
  • Miscellaneous items including small dolls for little girls, motorcycle helmuts, thank you cards and Canadian flags
We only packed 2 suitcases one was already 16 lbs overweight while the other was 6 underweight. Due to the airlines I am flying I am only allowed 2 suitcases. I am trying my best not to be overweight on any of them as I will be charged an arm and leg for doing that. So how are we going to fit everything? I have no idea. We already had to sort out things that we don't really desperately need from things we can't live without. Do I really need Kraft peanut butter? I guess not but I still would like some.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

sometimes you'll be surprised at what you can find there! And if you desperately need something I'm sure one of us can send it to you!!