Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Blog

Came across another teaching/Africa blog worth mentioning. The writer has since moved on to other places but I find myself relating to what is being said even though I have never been to Malawi. Here is my most favourite thought which comes from one of her last blog posts entitled Home. The last post has been written 5 months after her return back to the States after being in Malawi for a year.

Now that the dust has settled, my year in Malawi feels dislocated in my memory. It is as if my brain compartmentalized itself into American life and Malawian life... With the benefit of hindsight, I now recognize that when I left Malawi I also left behind a part of myself, a part that I hope to, with time and due diligence, incorporate back into my life.

http://jessemcv.blogspot.com/

No comments: