Friday, April 8, 2011

Funny Story #2

Another school which shall remain nameless and countryless led me to experience the 2nd most interesting experience with the application/interview process.

It all started when the school wrote me and asked if I was available for an interview. The time here would have been 1:00 am. I told them that unfortunately that time would not work a sit was 2:00 am here. They replied with a second interview time 3 hours later. This would put the interview at 4:00 am. I told them this was not possible and suggested another alternative perhaps one at 7:00 am my time. The response was positive. We were all set.

The day of the interview D had to work at 5:30 in the morning. As soon as he signed on his computer there were 10 skype messages flashing on the screen asking if I was ready for my interview. They began attempting to call at 5:45. Then again at 6:00, 6:20 then at 6:30. I was ready (awake and preapred) for the interview by 6:40 when I sent a message saying I was ready on my end. There was no response. In fact there was no response until 7:15. The interview got underway 30 minutes later.

It makes me laugh as there is Africa for you.

No comments: