Sunday, March 6, 2011

The End of Era or another check on my Bucket List

Practicum has now finished except for the looming pile science projects that still need to be marked (only 23 has 4 students were absent). The last days were almost surreal passing by at quick speed. And now it is finished. Only one more hoop remains before graduation.

A few months ago after speaker's corner my students asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up? I confidently replied 'A teacher of course' the responses came back 'So you get to be what you've always wanted to be' 'yes' 'You get to do your dream job' to which I could only respond yes again.

This has been the dream that started as a small seed back when I was 9. Now I am find myself here with a small seedling. But the dream doesn't stop here in fact in some ways it is just beginning.

During one of my classes the professor told us he had accomplished all the goals he had set out for himself. Every single one of his goals and dreams had been accomplished. I asked him how long his list was to which he replied 20 things. My list has about 45 things on it currently and it just seems to keep growing as I get older, so much so I don't see how I will be able to accomplish every single one of those dreams before my time on this earth finishes.

Lately I have been thinking about what happens with dreams over time- some shift or transform to become something more grand in scale, some become more important where as others lose meaning entirely. Or dreams will begin to conflict with one another. What happens when the dreams conflict? In the end which dream will win out or will they both die and be replaced by something else?

No comments: