Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Years of Silence

So it has been two years since I last published a blog post. During that time I have written entries on my iPad to be published later, but just never got around to publishing them. I would reread what I had written later and decide I had not accurately articulated what was going on around me, in my head and how I felt about it all.

It took a year to process Togo and during that time I wasn't even sure I wanted to stay in Tanzania. The first year in Dar was awful for a multitude of reasons and while there were glimmers of sunshine, the gray clouds weighed heavily on my mind. Year two was significantly better and year three is shaping up to be the best year yet.

So here is to breaking silence and starting afresh. But one can not start afresh without reflecting back. Stay tuned.

No comments: