Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blogs and Books

Just finished reading a book called Letters from Togo even though it was written back in 1983-1984 reading it brought me back to Africa. I enjoyed the descriptions of life in Lome from the perspectives of an expat university professor from North America. The whole book can be found at this link below. I didn't find out if the author ever returned to Togo after 1991 as she passed away last year.
Letters from Togo

I have been reading quite a bit these days trying to glean as much information as I can on Lome and the rest of Togo. I have also been following a number of bloggers all around Togo. Some are working with missions organizations, others are working for NGO's, a few from the peace corp and several international teachers. I was talking with D about having a blog party once we get to Togo. The party would sort of be a thank you for those people out there who blog about daily life and living that I can read up on before I get there.

No comments: